The physical aspect of the mind is what we know picnob as the brain; the brain’sbrain’s functioning is affected by how the mind has started to perceive things. The philosophical and prime reason why brain-related disorders increase during old age is that, during old age, people have generally been stripped of their responsibilities. The engagement is less, which is why they have a whole lot more time than they had before; they are thinking unnecessarily about things that least matter to them which is why there is the release of toxins much more than before and hence the brain degeneration which is a gradual process happens at an accelerated rate.
“However, we are all paranoid visiting a neurologist because a neurologist deals with the central nervous system, the integral part of the body; hence people are more concerned because any deviations while handling brain-related issues may result in severe health complications”, explained a popular neurologist in Ludhiana.
Often we need clarification about the tests which evlwendz have to be undertaken with a neurologist, the reason being people are very frightened when it comes to handling the brain. Only a certified neurologist can ensure an appropriate diagnosis.
Hence, to make it simple for the common person, here are a few tests that are integral to identifying issues concerning the brain and the nervous system.
TESTS IN NEUROLOGY
- CT SCAN: A CT scan or a computerized tomography is recommended for a brain when there are intra cranial, lemurs, tensions or blood clots. A well-detailed image of the brain and the skull enables a neurologist to identify the root cause of the problem.
MRI scan: An MRI scan, unlike a CT scan, is used to identify bleeding, swelling, inflammation
- And blockages that come in the way of the usual functioning of the brain.
- Angiography: Angiography is when a contrast agent is injected into the brain through the veins, records an image of the brain, and gives a detailed account of the brain arteries.
- Lumbar Puncture: A fluid is injected into the spinal nerves, and the fluid is removed for analysis. This is usually done in the case of meningitis.
Meningitis is a condition identified by swelling or inflammation of the protective membranes covering the brain and the spinal cord. Meningitis can be both viral and non-viral.
- Electroencephalogram: This process is used to monitor the brain through electrodes placed on the skin, basically used to detect seizures etc. The test of an EEG is done to identify a kind of seizure in the brain.
- Electromyography: Electromyography is a condition that is used for neuro muscle disorders. This procedure records the electrical impulses sent to the brain. Needles and syringes are inserted into the brain nerves to record the electrical signals’ duration to determine the variation in variation during movement and rest.
“ The only thing patients need to keep in mind is the credibility of the neurologist he/she should be qualified, certified also a patient can check for the reviews of the doctor via internet or via word of mouth.” explained a well known neurosurgeon in Ludhiana.